Clients: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (EPC) / Caribbean Gas Chemical Limited (Owner) (Japan / Trinidad)
Location: Union Industrial Estate, La Brea, Trinidad
Caribbean Gas Chemical Limited (CGCL), a company comprising Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, The National Gas Company of Trinidad & Tobago and Massy Energy, is constructing a Natural Gas to Petrochemicals Complex in Union Industrial Estate, La Brea. The complex will produce 1,000,000 tonnes per year (tpy) of Methanol and 20,000 tonnes per year (tpy) of Di-Methyl-Ether (DME). Construction of the complex commenced in 2016 with a scheduled completion date of December 2018. CGCL’s Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) from Yokohama, Japan. MHI has overall responsibility for the engineering design and construction of all structures and installations of the USD $1B Plant.
Alvair has been involved in the Project since the planning stages of 2015 and is working for both the Owner, CGCL and the EPC, MHI providing a variety of services including local project coordination, construction management and engineering certifications as listed below.
- Local representative for the EPC, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Consultant to the Owner & Operator, Caribbean Gas Chemical Limited
- Assistance with regulatory and government agencies for approval of the Plant
- Coordination with State Agencies, Utility Companies and Local Contractors
- Local project planning & coordination support including modules storage and transportation from the Port to the job site
- Design and design certification services for the Plant’s drainage system, foundations, buildings, pipe racks and module structures