Alvair is looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Building Services Design Engineer who is keen to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged, and growth opportunities are available.
This role will involve working as part of a broader design team of professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of markets and sectors. The focus markets include Residential & Commercial Developments, Healthcare, Education, Transportation and Energy.
As a Senior Engineer you will work closely with our team to capture business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You’ll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and manage a team to deliver project design services. You will also be responsible for leading a team of younger professionals to deliver MEP works, and supervise execution quality.
• Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services output on projects
• Bidding for opportunities and generally contributing to the win-work effort
• Commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects
• Responsibility for key client management for specific clients
• Manage the performance of others to ensure clients receive a good service
• Provide management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for other members of the Building Services team
• Undertaking appraisals and personal development plans for selected team members
• Identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
• Develop/contribute towards marketing material and bid documents
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification in Building Services
• Minimum 15 years design consulting experience in MEP Engineering
• Extensive project experience, involving high levels of technical competence
• Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects
• Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
• Finding and developing new business for the company
• Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
• Customer focused
• Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other Alvair employees
• Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing.
Should hold the following qualities
• Capable of Leading a MEP design team
• Forward thinking
• Commercial and financial knowledge and experience in bidding and project work
• Technical strength in their discipline and possibly a market sector