Alvair is looking for an experienced, motivated Building Services Design Engineer who is keen to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged, and growth opportunities are available.
This role will involve working as part of a broader design team of professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of markets and sectors. The focus markets include Residential & Commercial Developments, Healthcare, Education, Transportation and Energy.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management.
• Design and specification of all Building Services systems (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) – heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, low & high voltage electrical installations, lighting, portable & waste water systems etc.
• Carry out (& managing others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, in-house developed tools, etc.
• Preparing technical specifications
• Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team and a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit).
• Representing Alvair at meetings with clients and contractors.
• Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
• Report & technical note writing.
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects.
• Good knowledge and skills designing in a CAD tools such as Autocad or Revit
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a design consultancy is essential
• Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
• Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with client is essential.